Spirit Happy has reported on the shady practices of Glaxo Smith Kline for many years. As far back as 2008 we reported that their drug Avandia would cause heart attacks and that is exactly what the drug did. Unfortunately this has not stopped them from seeking another Billion dollar profit drug for diabetes. They refuse to stop making diabetic drugs because it profits them over 4 Billion dollars a year.
Here is their History in Diabetes drugs
- Glaxo was ordered to pay 90 million dollars in the Unites States for the heart attacks and deaths related to their drug Avandia. We warned the public but few listened back in 2009, we told the public that very few people need a drug Type 2 diabetes, it can be reversed naturally. We informed the public that Avandia, Actos, and other high blood sugar medications were all dangerous drugs that destroyed the heart valve. The drug maker simply lie and they do it because the billions are too great a temptation for them. They simply want the money at any cost, even death to the person taking the drugs.
- 90 million is a low settlement seeing as the drug profited over 5 Billion dollars each year for 5 years. Each family victimized is reported to receive 53 thousand dollars. In addition the drug maker makes much more money on stocks once the drugs receive approval. When a diabetic drug is approved the company's stocks fly up because it means millions in straight profit. This is the billion dollar big money game in pharmaceutical drugs.
- The story about Glaxo gets sicker as they were also found guilty of fraud, a 9 year investigation showed that the company lied to the public and hide information that the diabetes drug and other drugs they made were dangerous. They bribed doctors to promote their drugs. Did you know doctors get cash and vacations for prescribing a certain number of drugs? Glaxo sales reps lied and told doctors that the drug Avandia would even help the heart( while the drug really causes heart attacks) Drug companies have sales people who push the drugs on the doctors( Legal street drugs are not the only dirty drug game, prescription drugs may be more dirty)
- Glaxo salesmen get commissions( $) based on how many doctors they can get to prescribe the drug
- Glaxo was found guilty of hiding the heart attack risks from the FDA.
- Glaxo moved the dirty operation and had the drugss made in factories in Puerto Rico to save tax dollars. What a shame.
These are the things they were found guilty of, this is not just an opinion, they admitted lying and hiding the truth and they pleaded guilty to all the charges above.
In total Glaxo has paid back the largest suit in US drug history 5 billion dollars, yet Glaxo profited over 20 billion dollars in 5 years from the diabetes drug
The drug business is a dirty business operated for huge profits.
In an amazing development Glaxo filed to the FDA to have a new diabetes drug approved and they have been approved last week!
The USA reported the story
GSK Diabetes Drug Receives FDA Approval As Initial Therapy
and here is the statement for Glaxo's spokesperson
"GlaxoSmithKline is committed to developing diabetes therapies to treat a disease that has reached epidemic proportions in the United States and throughout the world," said Anne Phillips, vice president of Clinical for North America Cardiovascular-Metabolic at GSK,
What hypocrisy, they have admitted lying and defrauding the diabetic yet they say they are committed to helping the diabetic. . They caused deaths which no settlement could ever make up for. Glaxo stocks went up 1.6 % after the settlement and the stockholders were said to be "happy" that they did not lose their investments in the company.
Diabetes for them is a stock market game with billions dollar of dollars at stake. Their executives make more money than the average person will ever see. Ask your doctor if type 2 diabetes can be reversed without drugs and he will inform you that it can. The drugs are part of a billion dollar con game.
There is no need for a drug to reverse Type 2 Diabetes, a diet has been reversing diabetes drug free in over 17 countries See here Type 2 Diabetes Diet